Saturday, March 10, 2012

Grandpa

I became a Grandpa today!

I know what you're thinking: "WTF? Aren't you a chick?!"

Yes, I am a female... let me explain. My freshmen year in college, three of my friends and I ventured the 30-some miles to Bob's Bar in Nebraska to enjoy the huge burgers and even huger sides. On our way back, the two sitting in the back seat, Jamie and Miles, began playfully acting like children. Jonda and I in the front seat began playfully acting like parents. I (metaphorically) drew the short straw and became the dad and it is an inside joke that we have carried to this day.

Today, March 8, 2012, my "daughter" Jamie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Aydelia Elaine Wilson-Campbell.
She looks just like me!!!
So, I celebrated the way men have been celebrating the birth of a child into their family for generations: I smoked a cigar with my closest male friends and showed off a baby picture that the others only looked at out of friendship to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment