Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Your Guy-friends' Girlfriends

Looking back at past posts, I spent a lot of time lamenting the fact that one of my guy-friends (I guess, ex-guy-friend now) has a crazy girlfriend (now fiancé) who doesn't want me in his life. Well, that's only ONE of the guys in my life.

For example: I have been good friends with my buddy Jayne* for a few years. About a year ago, he started dating this girl, Vira*. I was a little worried, based on my past experience, but I was willing to give her the benefit of a doubt. Glad I did. Vira turned out to be a super cool, funny, laid-back lady who actually liked me and wanted me around. It is actually to the point that Jayne is well aware that if they break up, I'm keeping her too and he is just going to have to deal with it.

Example #2: We all know and love Puffy. He has had multiple dealings/relationships in the years that we have been friends, and while a few of them see the florist in the ink blot once in a while, none of them had a problem with Puffy and I being so close... As far as I know.

Tres: Not sure if this fits exactly but I'll add it just because. My friend Rosie* is engaged to an awesome dude, Sam*. Now I was friends with Rosie before I even met Sam but she is totally ok with him and I being friends... Hell, she encouraged it. They were one of the couples that Puffy pulled my "Home-wrecker" nickname out for a joke.

And my other guy friends who have cool girlfriends like Howard* and Bernadette* who I never get to see since they moved to Denver or Marshall* and Lilly* (Lilly freaking loves me and I love her) they know that they're guys are to be trusted. They also made an effort to befriend me and learn that I am no threat to their relationship. 

So listen up ladies, take it from somebody who knows, I love my boys and I want to see them happy. If you make them happy 100% then you and I will get along just great. You won't have to worry about me and I wont worry about you. But if you start seeing more than florists in those ink blots and kick me out of their lives, we're going to have problems. 

*Names have been changed to protect the (not so) innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment