Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I'm Always Right. Even When I'm Wrong, I'm Right...

... is probably one of the most common phrases said by yours truly when I am hanging out with Puffy and Joey (two of my closest guy friends, also known as "the boys"). We tend to get into a lot of discussions about various topics, mostly nerdy ones, and it usually ends in us fighting over who is right. These friendly arguments usually happen between Joey and I since Puffy doesn't really care enough to fight with us.

As we sit enjoying a pint, discussing whatever topic strikes our fancy at that particular moment, our discussion usually ends with me saying "Of course I'm right"... and then I'm usually awarded with a surprised and doubting look from Joey and a snort from Puffy. Granted, I'm usually right, but I am stubborn enough to never admit defeat if I'm wrong.

Something that men and women have been fighting over from the beginning of time is who is right and wrong in an argument, no matter the topic. Even tonight, Puffy and I were arguing about something and it ended with him saying "Yeah, that's the woman in you, always thinking you're right" (I was, by the way).

When I first started hanging out with the guys, winning an argument was a matter of pride for me... now I tend to start arguments just for kicks because it drives them up the wall... Yeah, I'm a little sadistic like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment