Monday, January 30, 2012

Boys are Smelly

And it only gets worse as they get older.

One girly thing about me is that I like things that smell good. There's air fresheners and candles all over my apartment. Puffy is cool with it, or at least he doesn't say anything about them.

Oh, if I haven't mentioned it yet, Puffy is my roommate. We inheirited each other from my sister, Laura, who was his friend and roommate in college also.

While my apartment tends to stay good smelling (unless we have company who have had too much beer, sour kraut, or beans), I work at a place that tends to turn rank on a daily basis.

There is only one other female in my department and she is very simular to me: she tends to get along better with guys and is surrounded by them most of the time.

The customers who come to visit us are predominantly male and some of them don't have the best hygene in the world. Many come in wearing winter coats that have not been washed in 5 years while others stink just because they are farmers and it is a natural hazard of the job. The worst ones are the others who are simply not afraid to break wind in public.

Meanwhile, the guys I work with are expert crop dusters and can clear a room with very little effort. Every once in a while, they are considerate enough to warn me to stay away from a particular area that they had just fumigated but I am not always so lucky. I usually spend part of my day running away from a cloud, holding my breath, furiously fanning the air around me while giving dirty looks, and breathing through my mouth so I don't have to smell what just exited them.

On the other hand, some of them wear really, really good smelling cologne... so I try to stay close to them when others are gassing the area.

...And I found out that it kind of freaks them out when I tell them that they smell good. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment