Friday, January 27, 2012

Jenny in Real Life

Friday night is wing night at Platte Valley Brewery. Delicious!

It is also one of the regular visits for my friends and I during the week and tonight was no different. I met Joey and Puffy there and we were soon joined by our friend Brett and new-ish friend Trent. We were sitting around talking about redheaded males vs. redheaded femals and drunk stories, enjoying good beer and wings when Trent suddenly stopped the conversation with his full attention on me.

"I just realized that you are alone."

My first thought was, "Thanks for pointing out my single status in such a sensitive way" but I must have had a questioning look on my face becuase he quickly explained himself.

"What I mean is, you are the only girl in a group of four guys."

My first thought was, "This is not unusual, why are you pointing it out?" But I never got the chance to say anything. Puffy, Joey, and Brett all jumped in, their words tripping over each other.

Brett: "No, man! She's like the chick from EuroTrip... Jenny!"
Puffy: "She is one of the bros, man!"
Joey: "She's an honorary guy!"

I even heard a "She's a dude with long hair." (Which Joey took small offense to, since he is an actual dude with long hair.) All of which continued for a minute or two before Trent laughingly raised his hands in understanding... or surrender.

I love my friends.

Joey, Me, and Puffy, Halloween 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment