Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Excerpt

The following is an exxerpt from my as-of-yet untitled second novel. It is very simular to many conversations that I have had with my guy friends in the past. Enjoy.

“What’s so funny?” Leander asked as he dropped a huge bowl full of brownies, cookies, and ice cream on the table.
“That better be to share.” Kinga said, eyeing the river of melted ice cream that was spilling over the side and onto the table. “I don’t think your uniform can handle you eating all of that on your own.” She reached over and pinched his side to emphasize her point.
“Oy! My uniform fits just right and yes, it is to share!” Leander said as he threw three spoons onto the table.
Theseus laughed again as he grabbed a spoon and dug in. “Thanks, guys! I can always count on you to make me laugh!”
“And to point out good scenery!” Leander said as he motioned with his head to a large group of female cadets who had just entered the mess hall. “Hello, ladies!”
All conversation ceased as Leander and Theseus stared as the newcomers went through the line and sat at a table near them.
“You guys are pigs.” Kinga said with a chuckle that was half amused and half disgusted. “I’m going to go talk with Orencio…” When she got no response she continued. “Start a food fight or possibly have sex with Ivan. Let me know when your hormones stop thinking for you.”
Kinga shook her head when they did not respond to what she said as she walked away.
“Did she just say she was going to have sex with Ivan?” Leander asked, distractedly.
“Yeah, on the food table, I think.” Theseus said as he took another bite of ice cream.
“What?” Leander pulled his attention away from the table of women to look around. “Where is she?”
Theseus smiled slyly at his friend. “Worried that she’s actually with Ivan?”
“Why would I care if she’s with him? Except for the fact that he’s a dick.” Leander dug into the bowl of sweets with gusto.

No comments:

Post a Comment