Monday, February 27, 2012

Just Call Me Annie Oakley

There is nothing sexier to me than a good looking man using a weapon, be it gun, sword, or atlatl. It may seem under-evolved and less-than-modern, but that's how I roll. It's lucky for me that I sell guns for a living and have lots of guy friends who like "shooting shit."

But while I enjoy watching men be all manly, I like to join in the fun, too.

Today, I went shooting with the guys. It was just supposed to be Puffy, Joey, my friend Mark, and I, but Mark couldn't make it and Joey invited our friends Ivan, Chris, Laura, and Riley. So it was quite a party.

It may or may not be necessary to say, but I was the only female there who knew much of anything about guns so I got to play with the boys instead of standing around and watching.

Hell, I even own my own guns so I didn't have to borrow the boys's toys.


Ms. Rita Skeeter: She's a picky, noisy bitch.

Ruger 10/22 that I stole from my dad... It's mine now!



Doesn't mean I don't borrow their guns on occasion. I love Rugers and both Puffy and Joey have Ruger pistols which I shoot every chance I get.

Ginger: Puffy's SR9C
The Hand Cannon: Joey's P345












We traded off shooting pistols and rifles. We had a couple .22s and Puffy's .30-06 along with Joey's SKS (which I have been wanting to try out since he bought it and I may need to buy one, too. It was FUN to shoot.) We also shot blue rock, trading the three shotguns between the four guys and me. I think we need to go shooting blue rock more (I'll probably have to steal my dad's shot gun, too.) because I think I only hit 3 or 4 clays out of the probably 10-15 that I shot at.

Puffy thought it would be funny to make Laura and Riley shoot his shotgun (a single shot that is half mule if how it kicks is any indicator) without full disclosure on how bad the kick is. Poor girls. I chuckled with the guys but the memory of my first time shooting it is too fresh to really enjoy it.

I did shoot the damn thing too many times tonight, though. My shoulder hurts so bad right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment